Tuesday, January 2, 2007

"Resolutions Defined" Newsletter: Volume II Issue 1

Happy New Year Everyone,


The New Year often brings with it “resolutions”. Before I made my resolutions for 2007 I thought I’d:

  1. research exactly what a resolution is;
  2. review prior resolutions;
  3. review successes or failures;
  4. think carefully about new ones for this year; and
  5. put a plan of action together so this years promises to myself would be kept.

Here’s the result of my contemplations.

A. From www.dictionary.com:


RESOLVE

to come to a definite or earnest decision about; determine (to do something)


RESOLUTION

the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, and procedure

  1. In my younger days my resolutions were repetitive. Stop drinking, stop drugging, quit smoking, lose weight, make more money, and get healthier physically and emotionally. All of these were admirable and doable but all of them took many, many years of trying before….
  2. In the late 80s it “worked”. I entered treatment for my emotional health and everything else fell into place. I stopped drinking and drugging, I began to feel less anxious and depressed, I stopped smoking cigarettes, I began to exercise and found holistic herbs and used both to lose weight and became physically healthy.
  3. This year my resolve is to continue to take care of myself and strive to better take care of others. I will continue to be involved in my own emotional healthcare and will continue my education in order to better treat my clients.
  4. My plan is simple. Follow my heart, live well, do the next right thing, and stay happy.

What are your resolutions? Write them through the contact page and let me know.

Until next time,

Frank

E-Mail: frank@emoshuns.com

Toll-Free: (888) WANNA TALK

Web: www.emoshuns.com

Emoshuns.com - "Look Better, Feel Better, Take Back Your Life!"

No comments: